Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I need a rain free weekend!

Not much in the way of updates however I've come to a grim realization.  The paneling I purchased and used to repair the bunkend wall is also what I intended to repair some of the water damaged edges of some of the inside boxes.  This paneling was purchased on the cheap.  It looked perfect.  Nice and shiny white.  However, it also primarily consists of cardboard which, as I've come to realize, is not appropriate for my needs.

First, after popping up Frostbite following the weekend flood causing rain two weeks ago, I noticed some discoloration around the corners where some water leaked in through the tailights which I stupidly forgot to caulk around.  Second, and this was even more stupid, I noticed when screwing them onto the frame that the screws wouldn't tighten fully.  The cardboard wouldn't hold tight around the screw because, well, it's cardboard.

I'm going to have to scrap the cheap paneling and using something actually made of wood or, at least, something stronger than cardboard.  Fortunately, my neighbor, Kerry, after listening to my problems during a regular conversation, volunteered that she has some beadboard left over from repaneling her dining room.  She has one full panel and another half panel that she is going to give me.  Thanks to her, my paneling problems are solved.

I will make a trip to Lowes this weekend because I need to pick up table and counter top material.  I also need some table edging of some type.  If the stupid weather gives me a break this weekend, I can actually start rebuilding the inside.

I've decided not to paint until I get a fitted cover for Frostbite which I'll have to mail order once I get the money.

No work planned for this week as my afternoons today and tomorrow are already booked.  I'm hoping for nice weather on Fri. and plan to get started redoing the bunkend paneling with the beadboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment