Thursday, June 17, 2010

Frostbite has got some new shoes!

On Saturday, we drove Frostbite to Dickson to Dickson County Oil and Tire so she could get some new tires and wheel bearings put on.  I had originally intended to do this myself.  However, I decided that a professional having a look at the wheel and axel would be a safer bet this first time.  I would be unable to notice serious problems like the axel being close to breaking in half or something like that so I opted to play it safe.

We had to leave her on Sat. because they did not have a mechanic working that day but they promised to get to it on Monday and we could pick her up anytime the next week.

I went to get her after work yesterday.  The owner told me that everything looked good (a big relief for me!) and that they put on new wheel bearings, gaskets, and some other jibber-jabber that I didn't commit to memory.

I went ahead and got three tires so the spare is brand new as well.

Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

I drove her home and, after a long series of cussing and steering wheel spinning, managed to get her backed up into our driveway.

Now, there is literally nothing preventing me from finishing her up.  I did more painting since last post as well and will include some pictures in my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment