Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Still working, mainly painting

Still working away on Frostbite trying to get the boxes ready to go back in.  I've been painting away at the pieces for a week or so.  I've even comandeered the garage since I need room to lay the pieces out so they can dry.  Both Bluebell and Sonny are spending the nights outside. 

This past weekend I did manage to take out the paneling I put in on one bunkend that turned out to be the wrong paneling to use since it absorbs water and replaced it with beadboard. 

I took pictures and trust me, it looks pretty good.  I can't post the pictures yet as I had to take out the batteries in my camera and put them in a Wii remote for my daughter and her friend and the photos have not been downloaded from the camera yet.

I really need to pick up some batteries at the store!

I've identified two boxes that will need the front paneling replaced due to water damage.  Unfortunately, one of those boxes is the main galley box and it is the most complex of all of them.  I've taken pictures of the boxes before I took any of them apart and will make sure to capture this one from multiple angles as I will need to refer to them so I will know how to put this back together.

Another irritation is my stupid $15 jigsaw.  I used it to cut the beadboard for the replacement panels underneath the bunkend and the blade stopped moving.  The engine revs up but the blade doesn't move.  If I hold the jigsaw upside down, it starts going up and down again.

Hopefully, something just needs tightened or adjusted.

I'll have to have this thing working because I will need to cut square holes in the beadboard for the cabinet openings.

I also had a great idea about the cabinet doors.  There is a rounded edging around each of the doors.  I've already bought shiny new silver cabinet handles and hindges but I thought this edging would look cool if it was painted blue since everything else is glossy white.  I thought about taking an extra floor tile to Lowes and having them match the blue color and give me a small can of paint to paint the edging.

I'm pretty sure they can do this.  I saw this in a TV commercial so it must be true.

I'm going to try and get some batteries today so I can post some updated pictures of my progress.  I'm planning to spend the week painting and rebuilding the boxes and will strive to start putting the boxes back inside by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment