Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rebuilding the first box

OK, I chose a fairly simple box to start with. I will not be rebuilding every box. Fortunately, some are in good shape and those will only be repainted. A few, however, have some water damage and I will be replacing those pieces.

Here are some "before" pix of Box #1:



It doesn't look so bad at this angle.  The piece with the cutouts for the cabinet doors is in fine shape.



As you can see there is some water damage to the counter top.

I measured and sawed up the new top which was made much easier by the purchase of a couple of sawhorses.  I think it turned out pretty well.



A Masterpiece!

I then started painting the box pieces and will put them together once complete.  Right now, I'm hoping I can reinstall the boxes one at a time back in Frostbite.  That way I'll have a greater chance of remembering how they all fit together.



My daughter helped me paint a bit.  Notice that Boys and Girls Club T-shirt she is wearing?  Well, that, as my wife later informed me, is most definately NOT a shirt for painting.

It is now, though.



They all need another coat of paint which I'll have to do later this week.  Today it is raining.  I'd like to put on a coat or two of clear coat on the outside facing parts.  I bought a small can but wish I had gotten a few cans of the spray stuff.  That would be easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment