Thursday, July 1, 2010

More Painting

The past couple of afternoon/evenings have been spent painting panels, cabinet doors, and boxes.  I've been putting on 3 - 4 coats on each piece and they generally look pretty good when they are done.  I also rebuilt a 2nd water damaged cabinet top.

My goal is to start putting the boxes back together in Frostbite this weekend starting early tomorrow.  I took tomorrow (Friday) off and Monday is a holiday (4th of July) so this makes for a nice long weekend.  Could it be possible that the inside of Frostbite could be done (or at least functional) by the end of the weekend?

Yes, it possible (of course, it is also possible that magic fairies will finish the work for me while I sleep.)

I still have one box, the most complicated one, of course, that needs the front paneling replaced with bead board due to water damage.  I might address that as early as this evening.

While waiting for paint to dry, I might even muster up the energy to take my fancy drill wire brush attachment and scrub the rust off the metal trailer frame and remove all the Starcraft decals from Frostbite.

Then I can paint the frame black and the outside box white.

Wish me luck.

Here are some pictures of the painting progress so far:







1 comment: