Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Getting fancy now!

I had an idea regarding the cabinets that I've kept to myself for the past few weeks.  I was inspired by a Lowes commercial where they bragged that they can match the color of anything you bring in.  I thought it might be neat to break up the all white interior boxes by painting a trim on the cabinet doors.  I sought my wife's input as to what color we should try to match and we both agreed that the light blue material the makes up the top of the matresses would be best.  Here is a photo:



I took a smaller cover to Lowes and they scanned it and made me some paint.  I thought it was a perfect match although it does, when removed from the mattress and curtains in the camper, look a little gray.  Inside the camper, though, it looks great!  I taped up the cabinet and put on two coats.



another angle

And here is how they look in Frostbite:


I still need to touch up the paint job a bit

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! I personally like a gray-blue, it's not as harsh or bright. I bet it looks good.

    ReplyDelete