Wednesday, July 7, 2010

She's a beauty!

Removing the tape turned out to be much more of a pain than I originally thought.  I worked on it about 2 hours yesterday and quit only because I needed to install the new vent in case it rained.  The tape, in places, left a sticky film and in other places seemed like it was baked on. 

I tried to use real "Painter's tape" but it kept falling off like it wasn't sticky enough.  Instead, I used masking tape which is probably why I'm having problems getting the stuff off.

Stupid tape.

Anyway, I did remove about 90% of the tape yesterday and installed the new vent.  Hopefully, she is looking much better.








The new vent went on OK.  I put in some weather stripping underneath and caulked it all up.  I opened it up a bit just so I would be sure that I was orientating it correctly.  Now, I wish I hadn't of done that since it is now open for rain to get in and I will need to pop up Frostbite to get to it so I can close it.

Hopefully, it won't rain today.


No comments:

Post a Comment