Friday, September 24, 2010

Green for launch - Paris Landing State Park!

My wife and I both are only working a half-day today so we can get home and pack our weekend bags, feed/water the animals and pick up a few supplies for the trip so we can get an early start to Paris Landing State Park.  Once packed and ready, I'm going to pick my daughter up from school early so we can go ahead and leave.  I wanted to leave early so that I would get to the park and be able to set Frostbite up before it gets dark.

I'm going to bring a cooler with some bacon and eggs for Saturday morning breakfast but that's all the food we are taking with us.  Friday night we will be eating at the Park Inn.  Saturday we are going to visit my friend, Tom, who lives in the area and we will pick up something for supper while we are in town.

Frostbite is Go for travel *I hope*.  I'm pretty sure I can deal with any jams while raising and lowering the roof and I'm fairly confident that I tightened the lift cable connections to the whiffle tree enough so that the roof won't come crashing down on us.  Since the last trip, I've packed Frostbite with camping staples like bedding, cooking utensils, pots, pans, towels.  Since I've fixed the galley side bench we will get to use both sides of the dinette this time.  I also packed up both table legs so we will get to use the outside table this trip as well.  I still don't have a weather radio just for Frostbite though so, hopefully, I'll remember to grab the one we use in the house.  I would like to get a wind up radio just for Frostbite so we can keep one in her.  I have one for the house but we do use it from time to time and I don't want it to be packed up in the camper when I want to use it.  Maybe I'll try to pick one up this weekend during the trip.  Fred's has wind up radios for $10.

I also hope to actually use Frostbite's water system this trip.  If you remember, I screwed up on our last trip and chose a campsite that was too far away from the water hookup for my water hose to reach.  I cut a 2 foot piece of hose off of an old hose to use as a drain for the gray water from the outlet on the side of Frostbite.  I really need a collapsable water tank to collect gray water but I don't have one.  Instead, I'm bringing the water bucket we use to wash cars and such.  Not classy but it will have to do.

The weather is supposed to turn cool this weekend.  We plan to bring some jackets *just in case*.  We may even decide to open up the windows instead of using the AC.  This, of course, is if, and only IF, it gets cool enough.  As much work and money I put into that AC for Frostbite, I have no plans of  breaking a sweat inside her.  In fact, I have no plans of being warm in ANY way inside of her.  A big part of me almost likes Frostbite's AC better than anything else.  However, knowing my wife as well as I do, the heater might even get a first-time use on Saturday and Sunday mornings if the night temp gets cool enough.

I'm shooting for hitting the road around 2pm this afternoon so, right now, we're talking T-5 1/2 hrs.

Wish us luck and let's hope that this weekend is thunderstorm free!

No comments:

Post a Comment