Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Phase One Renovation Complete

Over the weekend, I installed the new, much stronger, front for the galley side box.  It went in without a hitch and was tested a bit over the weekend as we showed off the camper to my in-laws and my mother in law and daughter were sitting on the bench and it didn't cave in.

I'm calling Phase One complete since the camper is now perfectly "campable" even though there are still things I wish to do.  I still need some type of moulding in several places along with a final coat of paint and clear coat on the counter tops.  There are several other improvements on my list that are mainly cosmetic which I will do as I get time and money.  I'll be sure to detail all my changes here.

I did pick up some straps to use on the awning bag and I'll try to get those installed this week.  The only color I could find for the straps was red which sorta sucks.  However, if I can get that bag closed tight, secure, and easy to open and close, I'll be happy.

The weather was perfect for the labor day weekend so I took some pictures of the inside of Frostbite just for comparison.  You also get a chance to see the new curtains.  My seamstress did a most outstanding job!




This is the closest shot I got of the rebuild face for the galley side bench.  You can see most of it in the lower right of the above photo.  Notice that the bunk end curtains are now yellow which matches the other material perfectly. 



Here is the AC installed.  The exhaust runs down through the box it is sitting on and then underneath the camper.  We just had it on fan since it was so cool outside already.  Actually, this is the first time Frostbite has been set up with all the screen windows open.









Perfect camping weather is upon us and Frostbite is ready for action.  Next trip is planned for Paris Landing State Park later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment