Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back to the Seamstress

I took all the curtains back to my seamstress this past weekend.  I am missing 2 small corner curtains and 1 small window curtain.  I'm fairly sure this is not her fault as I gave her all the curtains that were already in Frostbite and those *might* have been missing to start with.  Of course, it is possible that she got tired of working on the project and just ditched those smaller curtains hoping I wouldn't notice.  I did pay her for the job, by the way, so she is stuck with me until the curtains are perfect.

The problem is that we've run out of material.  This is a mystery since we bought the material using my trademark "no pre-measuring" technique and we still came up short.  This begs the question, why do I always come up short?  Couldn't I, as least ONE TIME, come up with extra?  She is pretty talented though so I told her to "find a way" to make additional curtains that completely match the current curtains.  I might have to embrace a gypsy/hillbilly theme for the inside of Frostbite instead of the country/blue theme I was going for though.

Yesterday, I took the evening off.  Today, however, I plan to paint up the door where the latch was installed and put the latch back on for the last time.  I will also use the rotary tool and drill to detail the outside paint job where the stupid masking tape let me down during the original painting.

I found a cool blue stripe decal and managed to borrow a "chalk snap string" tool from my neighbor that will give me a straight line guide for putting it on the sides.  I *might* even tackle this today as well.

I would like to have some type of vinyl sleeves that can be wrapped around the lift poles and attached with velcro when the camper is popped up.  Another sleeve fashioned to fit around the body of my AC would be nice too since I always seem to scratch it while moving it in or out of the camper.  A nice cloth sleeve would cover up those mishaps.

Once my seamstress quits goofing around and finishes the curtains, I'll task her with these jobs.  I wisely didn't put anything in writing when making my agreement with her so she is stuck with me for those too.

Some valences on the inside around the top of the curtains would be cool too.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should go ahead and request a matching tablecloth or placemats for the table, too. And maybe a couple of matching throw pillows.

    ReplyDelete