Friday, August 6, 2010

We are in the home stretch!

I forced myself to get out finish the door latch task on Frostbite yesterday.  I removed the latch and then painted the metal push plates I installed.  I got a couple of coats on and replaced the latch but it was dark by the time I finished so no pictures.

While waiting for the paint to dry I worked with the drill and rotary tool on the outside cleaning up the metal edging.  Actually, I think I am done with this.  I plan to take a very small brush (I *borrowed* one from my daughter's art supplies) and fix some scrapes and such around the edges.

This weekend I plan to raise Frostbite and finish up the inside.  A bit more paint and some clear coat will do wonders.  There is a shelf to install, a wire to reconnect, and a box that needs additional screws to secure it to the wall (I pulled up what should have been just a storage box door and the entire top of the box raised with it.  I need to sand around the edges of the door so it opens easier, I suppose)   

Nothing too big.

I hope to get the awning bag fixed and attached to the camper so I can see if the awning itself is in any usuable shape.   If it looks ok and all the poles are present, I just need to learn how to set it up properly.  This is sort of a biggie since the camper having an awning was a significant selling point for us.  A new one costs around $200.

After this weekend, when I get the curtains back from my seamstress, I hope to clean Frostbite up inside and out and take photos that will the the "After" shots for this project.


There are still some things I want to do but they can be done consecutively with camping and none of them will effect the visual beauty of Frostbite (like running the AC exhaust through the floor, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment