Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just One More Day

It rained all day yesterday.  The night before saw some pretty strong thunderstorms.  Since it was raining, I couldn't get to the awning task like I had hoped but I did get inside Frostbite (she was high and dry!) and did a bit of work.

I took down the curtains and put them in a zipper bag my seamstress left me.  It is perfect for storing them in.  I plan to take down the curtains and store them in the bag between every camping trip.  I figure it would just protect them better as they could easily get torn when the roof is lowered and the camper is packed up.  It really isn't that much extra trouble anyway. 

The curtains look GREAT by the way.  My seamstress did an outstanding job!  I really wanted to have some pictures of them for this post but it was rainy and dark yesterday and the photos would look so much better on a sunny day.  I hope to get good pics this weekend of the new curtains.  She somehow managed to make them all match and fit just like I ordered.

Starting with the AC exhaust and the counter top, I opted not to take it apart again and reattach the extra dowel that I forgot to put back on.  It was solid and that fix can wait for another day.  I reattached the cabinet doors and called it good enough for government work.  I did have to mend my hand made adaptor for the exhaust pipe at the floor.  It had come loose when I was tugging and bending the hose to run it through the holes in the box.  The duct tape seems to be doing a wonderful job.  I even taped the ends of the insulation down around the connections at either end of the hose.

The lights all came on.  I don't know why they went off last week but they were on and stayed on.  I stepped outside and even noticed that the porch light was working.  I have never see this before!  I tested the switch and it turns on and off like it should.  This is particularly surprising since the plastic cover has a large hole at the top roughly a couple of inches wide allowing it to rain directly inside the light.  I had given it up for dead months ago.  I suppose I should put a piece of duct tape over the hole once I lower the roof.  That will probably make it stop working though.

I didn't get the door threshold down either.  Maybe this afternoon if there is time.  I suppose it won't hurt anything to camp without one once.

The day before yesterday when I was repairing the awning, I also used the drill wire brush to scrape the paint off of the metal along the side so it is nice and shiny again.


I also snapped some shots of the new door latch since I painted.

from afar


closer look of the outside


inside

It's not beautiful, I realize, but it works and it locks with a key and it is much better than the hunk of crap that was there before.

Hopefully, it will stop raining today and I can address the awning.  I plan to make a list of things we need to pack in the camper and add to it as I think of things today. 

That's the plan anyway.  More realistically, I won't get to it and we'll wind up rushing and packing tomorrow right before we leave probably forgetting 50% of things we need.

Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment