Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The First Casualty

I had assumed that my blood would be spilt first in the course of this project(preferably without the accompanying loss of an appendage); but it fell upon Bluebell to take one for the team. Here is the first of a hopefully short list of casualties:




If you are guessing that the scratches and indention look suspiciously like the end of one of the pullout bunk support poles on Frostbite, you’d be correct. Here is a larger view:



I was backing Bluebell up to Frostbite just close enough for the hitch wires to connect so I could work on the lights. I had the bed pushed in because I was working on the hitch and needed it out of my way.

The support poles were not in my way, however.

It wasn’t even that loud of a thump.

My wife’s support for this project has been reduced dramatically. She lamented “Why didn’t we just get something that is ready for camping now and didn’t need so much work?”

I thought about suggesting that more than likely I would have had the exact same mishap with a brand new camper but opted not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment