Friday, February 19, 2010

Still sick but this weekend looks promising

Yes, I still have a head cold; congestion, slight cough, little to no energy (ok, this one is a little hard to identify because I am fairly lazy but I'm pretty sure it is a side effect of being sick).  However, the local weather lady said the weekend should be sunny and in the mid-50s.  Compared to the past month, that is like summertime.

My goals for Saturday is to *correctly* measure and fix the hole in the corner of Frostbite, rewire the lights with the fancy new light kit I bought last weekend, and then paint the inside of the back wall.  If that is successful (Hey, have a little faith), I'll head to Lowes on Sunday and try to get some insulation to replace the water damaged cardboard I ripped out last week.

Depending on the cost, I might try to pick up some paneling as well.  I decided to not remove the paneling on the sides of the box.  It is attached with a series of large nails that go through the entire side wall.  These were used to attach the bar on the outside where the outside table attaches.  It seemed like a whole lot of trouble for little benefit.  There is no water damage to the side panels except for a little discoloring along the bottom in the opposite corner of the hole.  This would be underneath the seat in a storage area anyway so it is out of sight (I'll inspect this side closer and see how easy it is to remove and replace since it is not attached as firmly as the opposite side with the outside table fitting.)  If I can simply paint the woodgrain paneling white, it will still look good.  I hope.

Wish me luck!  I'll detail my efforts in  my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're still sick, that's a bummer. But everyone I know has been sick sometime during this past 4 weeks. Weather does look good, keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete