Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Blizzard is Coming

I'm going to always remember 2010 for at least 2 reasons so far.  First, we got Frostbite on Jan. 2.  Second, we've had the crappiest, coldest winter that I can remember.  Here is the forcast I just copied from my google home page:

Nashville, TN
Mostly Cloudy
45°F
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: NW at 6 mph
Humidity: 52%
Thu
Partly Cloudy
43°

 27°

Fri
Snow
33°
 23°

Sat
Snow Showers
28°
 14°

Sun
Sunny
34°
 20°

 
Yes, they are calling for snow tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday.  Below freezing temps all weekend.  Frostbite is earning her name.
 
Obviously, I can't clean and caulk the corners or fix the roof.  I'm assuming that the various goos involved are not meant to be applied when it is so cold.  Frostbite will be protected somewhat by the tarp all weekend and I'll be sure to keep the snow brushed off the roof as much as possible so it won't collect anywhere when it melts.
 
I may raise her up on Saturday and try to take off more inside panels and remove water damaged insulation.  I'll probably also try to get to Lowes at some point and pick up the goo I need for the water leak repairs, some new paneling to replace what I have ripped out, and maybe wood and moulding for the new table tops I plan to build.
 
This winter is lasting forever.  It's not supposed to snow that much down here, dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment