Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Solution?

I've been searching through the threads in the popupportal forum and came across this post by a member named Big Air T which is very encouraging:

Rotten floors in the corners are pretty common on these, if you're pretty handy you can fix it. I just got done doing all 4 corners on mine (1 at a time) & here is how I did it; put the stabilisers down firmly, pull cabinets, then I used a jack with an angle cut 2x4 on it under the roof latch on that corner (only raise the corner about an inch or less) measure the distance in from the walls to the main frame rails mark the floor above the center of the frame, pull any screws or bolts in the cut line, then cut with a circular saw, the ends I used a sawzall, there will probably be staples & or screws on the bottom side of the walls holding them to the floor & holding the aluminum siding to the floor, then I cut a piece of plywood or OSB decking & slip it in between the wall & frame then you might need to shim the floor to make them match (I had to because I was using 3/4" flooring & Coachmen used 9/16", had it laying around) I advise using the self drilling trailer flooring screws otherwise you can use elevator bolts, carriage bolts or counter sink socket head bolts 1/4" is big enough bolting into the frame, now you will screw through the floor into wall, rewrap the siding & staple or screw it to the floor, then caulk it up & move on to another corner. It may sound complicated but it really isn't. If you have any questions just sned me a note. Hope this helps.



Tim
 
http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=31053.0
 
Now if I can just get this translated into English.

No comments:

Post a Comment