Friday, March 12, 2010

What do you expect for .96 cents a can?

I suppose this is a case of "you get what you pay for."  I have been talking about painting the inside of the back wall for weeks now.  It's not really a priority because it will be soon covered by insulation and then by paneling.  However, I wanted to cover the water stains that were on the aluminum skin.

I even bought some whitish paint to do just this but now that money is a little tight for a couple or three weeks I didn't want to waste it on the inside wall but rather on the ceiling which needs to be repainted before I put down the new floor.

During my supply run to wal-mart a few weeks ago to get paint and goo and such, I picked up 4 cans of white spray paint.  Hey, it was .96 cents a can!  It was intended for quickie, just-in-case repairs as needed.  I decided to spray paint the inside wall instead of using regular paint.

First I prepared the area and used painter's tape to cover things I didn't want to be painted.  I even taped up the wires so the color codes wouldn't be hidden.


I then set out to work spraying away.  I soon stopped and opened as many windows as I could since the camper immediately filled up with toxic fumes. 

That done, resumed spraying and noticed that the coverage wasn't very good.  In fact, I used the entire spray can.


It looked better when I was still stoned on paint fumes.

I know it's not beautiful but close enough for government work.  Soon I'll remove all the painter's tape, install some thin insulation, and then cover that with nice paneling so it will never be seen again.

Note to self:  .96 cent spray paint works fine as long as you are painting something that will never see the light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment