Monday, March 1, 2010

Bluebell is going to the hospital

I'm taking Bluebell to the hospital today @ 1:00pm.  We realized (too late to take Sunny instead) on our trip to Natchez Trace on Friday that Bluebell's taillights aren't working.  The blinkers and brake lights are fine; just no taillights.  There are no dash lights either.  The fog lights also don't work but we rarely if ever use those anyway.  We made it to the park ok and haven't been out after sunset since.

I know what you are thinking!  I was working on the lights the previous weekend and it would be too much of a coincidence for the lights to stop working while I was working on Frostbite's lights.  However, as I mentioned in a previous post that Bluebell's lights were acting oddly prior to be goofing with them.  The digital odometer had gone very very dim and wouldn't adjust with the dash light brightness knob.  Also, more importantly, all I did was hook Frostbite up to Bluebell via the 4-pin connector.  I couldn't get Frostbite's running lights to come on then.  In other words, Frostbite's lights don't work in exactly the same way that Bluebell's light don't work.

I did get some pliers and checked all of Bluebell's fuses when I was first hooking up Frostbite's lights but didn't notice any problems. 

For that matter, I don't know how long Bluebell's taillights have been out since we rarely take her out after dark.

Confident that the problem lies with Bluebell and there is a good chance that I didn't cause it, I made an appointment with CarMax today for her to get looked at.  Hopefully a simple fix but we did purchase the extended warranty when we bought her so, no matter what the problem is, it should only cost us 50 bucks.

Other than that, we had a great time this weekend.  Great food at the state park restraunt.  Drove through Lexington, TN on Sat, saw a movie in their local 1-screen theater, The Lightning Thief, and generally had a nice relaxing time.

We got back around lunch time on Sunday but, although it was sunny, it was still very cold so I opted not to work on Frostbite.  After I get the lights fixed on Bluebell (which will also fix Frostbite's lights) I'll finish wiring up the side lights and get the back wall painted and put back together.

It would be handy if next weekend was nice but they are calling for a sleet/snow mix tonight and tomorrow here in TN.  Is this winter ever going to end?

No comments:

Post a Comment