Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another Thunderstorm Test!

The weatherlady is calling for thunderstorms this afternoon.  I left the tarp off of Frostbite confident that my caulking efforts have successfully addressed all the leaks.  I have yet to check with my go-to girls at The Tool Box so I don't have the goo that I will roll over the roof for the final waterproofing.  However, if there is still a big leak, which, of course, I'm sure there is NOT, then the goo won't magically fix it.  I just want the goo to back up and protect the caulking.

We'll see how it goes.

I did get inside Frostbite after work yesterday and put on another coat on all the walls.  They are all staggered so some have 3 coats, some have 2, and the roof has 5.  I ran out of paint after I rolled all the walls so I ran out to Freds to get another gallon so I could do the trims with a brush.  I got what I thought was the EXACT same kind of paint, Fred's Semi-Gloss Interior wall and trim.  However, when I started painting the trim I noticed that this paint was whiter than the previous.  I checked the paint cans and realized that the cans were different.  Each was Fred's brand Semi-Gloss Interior wall and trim but had different images on the labels.  I can't explain it.  Stupid paint. 

I sort of like the whiter white a bit better anyway and hope that rolling a 5th coat on the roof will even out the colors.  If that works then surely another 2 coats on the walls will even it out as well.

I'll take pictures when I'm done.  I'm hoping to finish painting the inside this week and, assuming the thunderstorm test is successful, put down the new floor on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment