Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Signs of Life

This post is not Frostbite related but it was a big event at our home this weekend.  We have a large triple trunk cherry tree in front of our house.  The builder actually went to the trouble of building the house around it which, of course, commonly damages the roots to such an extent that the tree dies anyway.

It's in the center of our front flower bed.

Last fall, my wife and I noticed that it was completely bare of leaves far before all the other trees in our yard.  To be honest, it looked quite dead.  We are accostomed this this, somewhat, as we have been responsible for the death of a large number of plants and trees of all types.  Since this tree towers over our house we knew that, if it was dead, we would have to have it cut down.



I decided to wait until spring so we could see if it came back at all.  Partly because I am a cheapskate and know that having a tree of this size cut down is probably expensive and partly because I have no idea how to tell if a tree is dead or not, especially in the fall.  This past weekend, however, we were very pleased to notice that is was covered with budding new leaves.


Hopefully the new leaves are visible in this photo

One less thing to worry about. 

I do hope to open up Frostbite and add a coat of paint to everything when I get home from work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment