Wednesday, April 28, 2010

OK, Back to Work

It did rain all last weekend.  In fact, it rained off and on through yesterday.  Yesterday, afternoon during a brief break in the rain, I popped up Frostbite mainly because my camera was missing and I thought I might have left it in there.

I did.

I also found this:

DAMMIT!

Now, it did rain hard for a couple of days solid and there is only about 1/2 a cup of water on a single bunk.  The canvas was a bit wet.  There were no other signs of water leaking in anywhere.  I did notice a hole in the plastic window:



I'll use some clear tape or something to fix it up.  But is this what caused the inside water?  Who knows??  The camper was popped down.  The roof was set correctly on the bottom box.  I can't see how water could be blowing up from underneath the lip of the roof to get the canvas wet enough to leak through it.  Even if it did, why didn't the damn waterproofing goo stop it all?

I will immediately start by spraying the goo on the inside along this edge so that both sides are treated.

Another, more horrifying, possibility is that the roof is actually leaking and the water just happens to run to that particular area of the canvas to leak out.  BUT, notice that the water runs to the opposite side of the camper once it gets onto the bunkend.  Why would the water not run to that side from inside the roof before it leaks out?

stupid water

I'll keep trying.  I can say that the amount of water found inside is less and less each time so we, at least, are moving in a positive direction.  This nonsense has to stop before I put in my new curtains and matress covers though.

No comments:

Post a Comment