Thursday, April 15, 2010

Roof Vent Update

I phoned Starcraft and was told that the roof vent that I had previously measured at 11 1/2 inches square was actually 9 inches.  The measurement is done from the hole in the roof not from the edges of the vent as I had done.  Also, I was told that yes, they did have some in stock but they couldn't promise that, if they ran out, they would have more to replace them.

I can't actually order the vent from Startcraft directly.  Orders have to originate from a licensed Starcraft dealer.  The closest dealer to me is in Corinth, MS.  I mentioned that I was just outside of Nashville but was assured that Corinth was the closest.  They could "drop ship" the item directly from Corinth to my address so I wouldn't have to go pick it up.  The rep. I spoke with also was unable to quote me a price.

I called the Corinth dealer and was told that the parts lady was sick that day so I gave her my work phone and hope to be called sometime this morning.  The price better be good.  After searching a bit for a 9 inch vent instead of an 11 1/2 inch vent, I had better results.  I found a vent here:

http://www.rvpartscenter.com/prodselect.asp?SID=9&DID=54&CID=331



for $35.  The Starcraft price better be cheaper than that or I'll just order it directly and not bother with the drop ship nonsense.  The hand crank and everything else about the vent in the picture look exactly like the one in Frostbite now.  I am still a bit worried as the vent is titled a "9 inch" vent but the ad text mentions a 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 inch "cut out" which I have no idea what that means.  It would be more comforting if 11 1/2 inches were mentioned somewhere in the ad.  There is an install accessory kit sold extra that I'll probably get as well.  I assume that it contains material to seal the area between the vent and the roof.

1 comment:

  1. Leading manufacturers and suppliers of Roof ventilators and roof ventilation systems in chennai, India. Turbine Roof Ventilator Suppliers and ventilator dealers in chennai.

    ReplyDelete