Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Floor Install Part 1

Well, I decided to start putting down the new floor yesterday afternoon.  I had previously gone over the entire floor filling in holes with a wood dowel and wood filler but realized once I started with the floor that I had missed some.  I opted to clean and sand only 1 tile's worth of floor before putting a tile down.  If I ran into a hole that needed fixing, I would address that and then skip putting down the tile until the next day.  It's working so far.  I've put down 14 tiles.




I'm going to save the custom cut tiles that will need to fill in around the wheel wells and the door for last.  I might look for a heavy duty threshold cover the the door that will protect the tile edge and cover the gap.  I plan to hit Lowes this weekend to look for panel and floor edging which will make the whole thing look a lot better.

Also, my new roof vent arrived yesterday.  I didn't measure it but it sure looked like the right size.  I'll get that switched out this weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment