Sunday, April 4, 2010

Caulking Complete

I got to work on Thursday afternoon finishing the caulking on the roof.  The right side was finished.


As well as the rest of the roof:


I realized that I had bought 2 different types of caulk.  Both paintable but the second tube was a type that dried clear which was especially cool as it better disquised my mistakes.  I also cut this tube with a smaller hole so I didn't squirt so much out at a time.  I would have used this type from this start had I known it would look so much better.

Nevertheless, with my caulking prowerness firmly established, I proceeded to paint the interior with the assumed knowledge that my roof could not possibly leak NOW.

My daughter helped me at various stages in the process:



My daughter and Frostbite

At least whatever help riding a kick scooter around the driveway can offer.

My go-to-girl at The Tool Box has promised to do some research so I can order a can of goo that I can paint on the roof to further seal it in.  Hopefully, this goo will also be white so I can kill the sealing and painting with one blow.

Next up: The painting begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment