Thursday, April 1, 2010

Long Time No Work

I realize that it's been a bit longer than usual for me to post but there were at couple of factors in addition to my own laziness that kept me from Frostbite until yesterday.  First, a rainy cold snap hit us here in mid-TN.  Second, I went to Memphis last weekend to visit family.

I did get back in the swing of things yesterday which was beautiful, by the way, 83 degress and sunny when I arrived home from work.  I started by finishing the caulk removal with the magic wire brush drill attachment.  This, I have come to realize, it one of man's greatest inventions.

I finished the front edge:




I also finished the right side of the roof:



After this I enlisted my daughter who, believe it or not, was bugging me about helping and got her started cleaning the seams with soapy water so I could caulk them.  She did a fine job.  The strange tuft of hair you see on the opposite side of the camper in the above pic is her.

During our Memphis visit my parents and sister gave me some birthday presents that were Frostbite related and very much appreciated: A fire extinquisher and a first aid kit.


What this says about my tendency to be accident prone I'm not sure.  However, once I saw off a finger or set the camper on fire, these will sure come in handy.

The plastic container they are setting on contains all the new curtains, matress covers, and seat covers that I enlisted my seamstress to create earlier this year.  She finished way before I expected her to and have yet to set aside the money I promised to pay her so she got stiffed on this one.

I will send the money when I get it and, of course, after I ascertain that all measurements are scientifically accurate and every single stich is aligned properly.

I'm not going to put these in yet since the damn roof still leaks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment